We are planning more exciting events for you! Pleased stay tuned for our complete 2020 calendar.
Discover Engineering Family Day
Sunday, February 16, 2020, 10am–4pm
Kick off National Engineering Week with this fun-filled and educational day designed to introduce parents and their children to the wonders of engineering and the importance of technological literacy. Engage in STEAM activities in our Learning Lab. Families of all ages are invited.
Girls’ Engineering Day
Saturday, February 22, 2020, 1pm–4pm
Join us for a program designed to introduce girls and young women to a wide range of women engineers and women in manufacturing careers. Help inspire a girl’s future in designing, engineering and creating a better world. Special viewing of the “Dream Big” documentary which showcases women in engineering fields. Contact us if you are a woman in the fields of engineering or manufacturing and would like to be a mentor for the day.
Space—The Next Engineering Frontier
Saturday, July 19, 2020
Explore the future of space exploration through STEAM activities. Launch a rocket and build a lunar rover model.
Saturday, August 29, 2020, 10am–4pm
Our new family and community event offers experiences and opportunities to participate in the history of machine tool and technology development. Exhibits and hands-on activities may include:
- model engineering displays
- 3D, electronics, robotics and makerspace activities in our Learning Lab
- live demonstrations of historic and modern machine tools by students in our Innovation Station machine shop
- historic rifle exhibits
- hands on activities with working lathes and other machine tools, circuit board soldering, sewing machine operation, rocketry and mechanical assembly of a variety of objects
- local manufacturers will showcase their products and career opportunities
- interpretive tours of the exhibits
- guided “behind the scenes” tours
October 2, 2020
Stay tuned to learn more about how students can participate with our industry and education partners to celebrate modern manufacturing and get inspired about careers in manufacturing.