Essential Questions: How did new inventions happen? What is “precision manufacturing”?
- Richard S. Lawrence, Vermont innovator—Biography and Industrial Timeline activity
- Invention and Technology Activities
- Machines in the Shoe Shop Essay
- Precision Measuring nuts and bolts with dial calipers activity
- Fork vs. Spoon activity
- Invention Diary
- 1841 British quotation—understanding a written primary source
- Other Resources
- 7 matted images, including advertisements
- 3 books
- Barbara and Hetty Mitchell, Shoes for Everyone: A Story About Jan Matzeliger
- Tom Tucker, Brainstorms: The Stories of Twenty American Kid Inventor
- Carrie Brown, Pedal Power: The Bicycle in Industry and Society
Please click on the thumbnails below to see the full-sized image with description.