Essential Questions: What is industrialization? What are interchangeable parts?
- Opening Activity: Clocks (see-through clock provided)
- Interchangeable Parts Activity with Ballpoint Pens and trays
- Reading for Teachers and Advanced Students: Overview essay on Industrial History and the Precision Valley
- Natural Resources/Water Power
- Topographic map—learning to read a topo (optional lesson); finding water power sites using “Windsor Quadrangle” map and Beers Atlas map
- Find a topo map of your own town and locate the early mill sites, if any
- Web site and watermill construction activity
- Social and Cultural Conditions
- For advanced students: Ben Franklin Autobiography section on his early life* and discussion questions
- Also included: 4 matted images for display (including two maps)
Please click on the thumbnails below to see the full-sized image with description.